FUNDRAISE FOR US
AT YOUR PLACE OF WORK OR BUSINESS
It’s thanks to the generosity of our supporters that local people in need can access the foodbank.
Staff, customers, colleagues, friends and family can all play their part. With endless opportunities from simply organising a collection to completing a sponsored challenge.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Bake off – an old classic. A chance for the bakers amongst us to do what they enjoy and provide some delicious treats. Everyone loves buying baked goods and the money raised will go to a great cause.
- Sponsored challenge– Whether it’s a Tough Mudder, a sponsored walk, run or swim, or giving something up – it’s a great way to get everyone involved in raising money for the foodbank.
- Live music night – you could get a band for the team to watch, or you may even have performers among you. Charge an entrance fee which can be donated to the charity.
- Quiz night – one for everyone, invite the team and their friends to pay to enter the quiz. You could ask for a donation of prizes to award the winning team. A raffle or a silent auction can add to the fun of the evening.
YOUR PLACE OF WORSHIP OR COMMUNITY GROUP
Fundraising at your place of worship is a great way to bring people together. Bow Foodbank and Bethnal Green Foodbank are supported by many faith and community groups who raise vital funds and collect food donations for us.
Whether you want to host a coffee morning or put on a service or concert, your support will help.
DONATE YOUR DAY!
Birthdays, weddings and special celebrations are great opportunities to spend time with friends and family, while making a real difference to the most vulnerable in our community.
Why not do something amazing and donate your special day to Bow Foodbank?
Set up an online fundraising page on Local Giving click here to create an online giving platform. Friends and family can be invited to make a donation to the page and leave a personal message. Donations come directly to the charity, so there is no extra administration for you.
If your business or employer would like to set up a corporate partnership with us, we would welcome a discussion with you. There are many ways that you can help the foodbank, from employee giving schemes, raising awareness of food poverty amongst your colleagues and customers, running one-off fundraising events or choosing us as your Charity of the Year. Email us.
DO YOUR OWN THING
You don’t have to join a special event to fundraise. We welcome supporters holding their own fundraisers, it all helps to make our work possible.
There are so many ways that you can fundraise to suit you and encourage friends and family to take part.
Here’s a few ideas to get you started:
- Bake off– nominate a judge then challenge your friends and family to bake. The goods can be sold for a donation.
- Dinner party-reach new gastronomic heights and channel your competitive side by organising your own dinner party. Take turns hosting dinner parties and ask your friends to donate the value of the meal.
- Film night– a great event for people of all ages. Choose a film to show in your home and charge people to come and watch it. You can even sell snacks and drinks to boost your fundraising total.
- Give something up– get sponsored to go without something you’d find difficult to live without!
- Sell a skill– we know our fundraisers are an extremely talented bunch. Are you talented in arts, crafts, music, languages or anything else? Offer your friends a masterclass in exchange for a donation to the Foodbank.
PUBLICISE YOUR EVENT
Let us know that what you are doing ahead of time so that we can help promote and celebrate your amazing efforts.
You may also want to inform local press that your event is happening, as well as promoting through social media, flyers and posters. Make sure that you include details of what the event is, where it is happening, how people can support and help you raise funds. Please let us know if you would like a copy of our logo.